It’s 2013! So I guess the world did not end after all. Let me wish you here a very Happy New Year and hope for a great year ahead. During a new beginning of the year, I sees and hears a lot of people talk about Resolution of the year. Do you guys have any? As for me, my resolutions are quite simple.
1) Eat more and try not to gain weight (is that even possible?!!!)
2) Cook more
3) Bake more
4) Blog more
5) Work on my patient level (this is a tough one)
6) Work on myself for a better, happy, loving relationship.
7) Save more and spend more (another tough challenge)
And etc… My list can go on and on and on.. Somehow a never ending list but I’m gonna stop just right here as I have a small confession to make, I never kept my resolution. Always excited setting it at the beginning of the year but just give me a month and I will forget, but this year I plan to actually get a board home and pin all my resolutions up so it will constantly remind me. Let’s see how things work from there. I might be too lazy to do so! Looool!
Up till now, I started off not bad, I’ve cooked and baked. Just in case you guys are wondering why there are no updates from me for a very long time and even my twitter is not that active as before, mainly because I faced some obstacles in live and I just can’t get my head right. I can’t concentrate for quite sometime and definitely no mood of cooking, baking or even eating. Things are getting better now, slowly but steadily.
As I promised, I will share with you the Roasted Chicken with Crispy Skin’s recipe which I had prepared last night for dinner. My baby just loved it that I think he overstuffed himself. Adorable!
This is an extremely simple recipe. No complicated ingredients. Thanks to Thomas Keller for the simple yet yummilicious recipe. I am really surprise with the crispness of the skin. I was finger crossing the whole hour while the chicken in the oven getting roasted. Hoping for a crispy skin. And wala! Spot on! So delicious! I whipped up a very simple gravy from the juices of the roasted chicken to go along with it.
Roasted Chicken with Crispy Skin
• One small/medium (900g-1.35kg) chicken
• 1 tbsp coarse salt
• Cracked black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 230ºC/450ºF. Rinse the chicken inside and out, and dry well with paper towels. Sprinkle all over with the salt and black pepper.
2. Truss the chicken and roast in the oven for 50-60 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. Test by piercing the thigh with a sharp knife — when cooked through, the juices will run clear.
3. Baste the outside of the chicken with the juices. Rest for 15 minutes, then carve and serve.