Life is definitely a roller coaster, there are ups and downs and we have no choice but to ride along. Of course I do understand that whenever someone in the low moment, they are kinda blind with their emotion and it’s just tough to get back up.
So what do you usually do at the low moment? I used to cry my ass off and dramatise almost everything even the smallest matter like why is the coffee taste bitter? Oooo my life sucks! Looool! Just kidding, I will dramatise things but not till that extend!
During the tough period, I did cried my ass off, but at the same time I felt quite stupid because I knew that it’s the emotions that took over. So what I did was find a new hobby to maximise my time, so that I blocked my emotions from taking over. Sometimes the thoughts that you have during these period are quite silly and pointless. So why do you even let it come to your head and being sad and cry over it?
Beside doing something to fill your time, I think indulging yourself into something delicious does make sense too. Of course in moderation quantity! What’s better than starting your day with a cup of hot coffee and a slice of moist with a hint of citrus pound cake?
I just love the idea of pound cake with coffee! I find it a perfect combination. At least to me it is. The bitterness of the coffee and the sweetness from the cake. Somehow, somewhat makes it a perfect pair for a perfect day.
Tish Boyle’s Pound Cake
200g/2 cups Plain flour
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
227g/2 sticks Unsalted butter (softened)
250g/ 1 1/4cup Castor sugar (I reduced this to 200g)
4 Large eggs
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tsp grated orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
80ml Heavy cream
• Preheat oven to 170C.
• Sift flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
• Cream butter in a mixer at medium high speed until creamy (about 2 mins). • Add sugar gradually and continue beating for 4 mins until light and fluffy.
• Reduce the mixing speed of the mixer to low and add eggs one at a time mixing until well mixed.
• Add the citrus zest and vanilla extract.
• Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating it with cream (added in 2 additions).
• Pour into 2 lined 3″x 7″ pound cake mold and bake for 60-70 mins or until the cake turns brown and a testing skewer comes out clean.